Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why don't people discipline their kids anymore?

This is something I've been wanting to blog about for the longest time but never have. After today, I am definitely going to.


At work I see numerous parents letting their kids get away with murder. These kids are talking back, kicking, screaming, and even swearing at their parents. Every time I glance at the parent after witnessing their child at like a complete hellion, the parent just stares down or sighs in defeat.
Well, I don't know about you all, but my parents would have murdered me in cold blood if I ever hit, kicked, or swore at them. When I was a kid I was spanked when I acted up. Why don't parents do this anymore? Why don't parents at least use any form of discipline anymore?
I know "spanking" is a controversial subject for some, but I grew up with it. I wasn't beaten, I didn't get bruises or broken bones... I just learned to obey. Nowadays, people will rule you out as a child abuser. I'm sorry but my child will wear their pants around their waist, my child will not ever lay a hand on me (and live), my child will not use profanity towards me or any respectable adult, and my child will be raised to respect people around them.

Comment please. I want your opinions on this.

1 comment:

Anna W said...

AMEN!
Now try living in Utah where the kids are multiplied by 1,000,000,000,000...silly mormons.