Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Derek's Birthday

My boyfriend Derek's Birthday is coming up on the 14th. We are a new couple so I was pretty unsure of what to get him. I decided to ask a longtime friend of mine Peter (also Derek's best friend). He said to get him a video game. Preferably "Halo Wars." I personally think a video game is a little impersonal and when I asked Peter, his reply was, "How much more personal can you get?"

Maybe it's a "guy thing".....

Derek is also a Type 1 diabetic so he can't eat cake. This problem is still floating around in my brain. I've already taken it upon myself to Google diabetes (my philosophy on everything--- Goggle it!). I didn't learn anything more than Derek has already explained to me. I don't know, maybe I'll bake him a "sugar-free" cake.

Derek really has been growing on me quite a bit. He's the only guy I've ever dated that is as much of a dork as I am. He doesn't care that I play World of Warcraft, it doesn't bother him that I burp anytime the slightest bit of soda is present, and he doesn't mind (too much) that I occasionally drink and end up singing Cyndi Lauper on karaoke night.

1 comment:

kiki san said...

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for following my blog.

I don't know any guy who wouldn't want to receive a video game:). Good luck deciding what to buy him.

Cheers!
kiki