Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Clerks

Go ahead hate me. It's been awhile since I have last blogged. I am proud to confess that the reason is that I am now employed again. After spending a week laying across my couch watching daytime television wondering how much money I could make if I pimped out Brody.... I got a phone call. It was my manager from this gas station I previously worked at. I started back a week ago with a promotion.

Yes, I do know that being an Assistant Manager at a gas station is not the most desirable job on the planet. Well guess what.... You can kiss my ass because I took it. I started thinking about working in the office environment. I wore incredibly uncomfortable heels with no grip on a slick floor, I worked with the most stuck up snob who was cheating on both her husband and her boyfriend (no joke), and a boss that resembles Meryl Streep's character in The Devil Wears Prada. Screw that. I'm done working with people like that.

I am now back in an environment where the only office people we deal with are the customers who (even after a college education) can not pump gas. I now wear sneakers to work and a loose fitting smock that does not make me feel like I am being strangled to death.

No comments: