Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cookie Monster

My friend Phil invited me to my first open mic night last night. He and His friend Sam were playing a couple of songs there. There were a couple of other musicians as well, along with some poetry readers.

I really didn't think I would get into it as much as I did, but wow. These people had so much talent that my jaw literally dropped. Phil and Sam had an instrumental that they wrote five years ago. Well, one of the girls wrote lyrics to this song in one week. Maybe it is because I have no talent when it comes to music, but that seemed a little fast to me. Anyway the song was amazing.

We were up there for a few hours. Drank some coffee, listened to some amazing music and poetry....



After we left, we were all invited over to this girl T's place for a party. The guys mentioned something to me about lesbians, but then again, that's Phil and Sam for you.
I am not a lesbian. Never will be. Men are all I will EVER need. As I was walking to my car to follow everyone over there, T said I was really beautiful. I said thank you, didn't think much of it. I figured at this point, I had spotted who they were talking about. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals. What you believe in is what you believe in. I will not pass judgement on your personal beliefs. Nor will I force my beliefs upon you.

When we arrived, there was a crowd on the balcony and some poor girl passed out on the sofa in the living room. I stayed on the front porch for awhile, talking with Phil, Sam, Jessica, Logan, and his wife Jess. After a little bit, I walked inside to grab a drink. I don't hardly ever drink, but since it has been ages since I have had a weekend off, due to a tough work schedule.. I decided to go for it. I work hard, I deserve some fun.

We all had fun. Sam was playing guitar, Jess and T were talking about opera... Phil and I are cracking jokes... it was fun.

After a bottle of Chardonnay, T was hitting on me like crazy. I politely (and soberly) explained to her that I was not a lesbian. That I was deeply deeply attracted to men. I guess she took that as a challenge, because I was fighting her off the entire night. I understood she was drunk, so I did not want to start a huge argument. I just made it a point to keep my distance.


All in all, that was a fun night. I am thinking about going up there again in a couple of weeks.

No comments: